2022-2023 School Year
Orchestra Program Details
Welcome to the El Rio String Orchestra Program!
All levels welcome and no experience is required!
Students will be grouped in classes of similar instruments and ages, where they will learn how to play their desired string instrument. This program is designed to keep music FUN, so students should expect to play many familiar songs throughout the 25+ week program, in addition to learning the fundamentals of rhythm, harmony, and traditional note reading.
Smaller group classes will come together as one larger ensemble in the spring, culminating in a year-end Spring Concert!
- Kindergarteners and 1st graders may only choose the violin. (Violins are sized to fit each individual student)
- 2nd graders may choose the violin or the ukulele. (Violins are sized to fit each individual student)
- 3rd, 4th, and 5th graders may choose the violin, cello or the ukulele. (Violins and cellos are sized to fit each individual student)
Instruction begins on September 13th, 2022 and runs through the spring, culminating with a year-end Spring Concert.
Thirty to forty minute small group lessons will be held on Tuesdays after school immediately after the bell. Please keep that time block free on Tuesdays after school. This flexibility in scheduling will allow us to create classes best suited for the enrollment.
The final schedule and location of classes will be announced via email after enrollment is complete. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. To aid in your planning, note that the younger students and beginning classes will be scheduled earlier than intermediate and advanced level classes.
Once the schedule is available, please have your child’s schedule clear for their assigned 30-40 minute time block. Students waiting to take a later lesson should contact the school regarding available campus supervision for students waiting to take their lesson.
A program fee is requested from each participant to cover the entire 2022–2023 school year (September 2022 through May, 2023).
Participants can pay for the entire year in two ways:
- One discounted payment of $595 – due with registration (covers the entire 2022-23 school year program)
- Two payments of $325 each: first payment due now with your registration, second payment automatically charged on December 1st, 2021
The program fee covers instructional costs, as well as all music, books and basic supplies given to your child throughout the year.
The following additional resources are also included with your program fee:
- Class Portal Page- weekly class recaps, practice suggestions, sheet music downloads, helpful video tutorials, and much more!
- Interactive video- get extra help by submitting a video for feedback from one of our teachers!
The only other expense will be the rental or purchase of the instrument (see below).
Getting your instrument
Discounted rental and purchase prices have been arranged for participating music students through our official instrument supplier. All prices from our supplier include FREE DELIVERY to school at the first lesson and pick up at the end of the program following the year-end concert. Visit The Instrument Place to place your order.
Private Online Lessons - *OPTIONAL*
We HIGHLY RECOMMEND supplementing your music classes with online private lessons!
Add one-on-one private online lessons once per week or once every two weeks for additional online instruction. The lessons are scheduled at mutually convenient times with one of our professional instructors. Private lessons are charged on a recurring basis, once the number of lessons in your block have been completed.
Duration: Ongoing – Charged automatically as your pre-paid lesson blocks are completed.
Private Lesson Fee:
30-minute lessons – scheduled weekly: $192 per block of 4 lessons
30-minute lessons – scheduled every other week: $96 per block of 2 lessons